Arce, W. & Stevens, J.R. (2020). Developing a computer-controlled treat dispenser for canine operant conditioning. Journal of Open Hardware, 4(1), 6.
- This paper describes how to retro-fit a Treat & Train treat dispenser with new electronics that allow it to be remotely controllable as well as act as an experiment computation, data storage, and networking center.
Stevens, J.R., Bosworth, M., Wolff, L.M., & Morstad, J. (2020). Dog and owner characteristics predict training success. Animal Cognition.
- This paper demonstrates that dog disobedience, owner cognitive ability, and time spent training predicts a dog's success in passing the Canine Good Citizen obedience test.
Thayer, E.R. & Stevens, J.R. (2020). Effects of human-animal interactions on affect and cognition. PsyArXiv.
- This paper demonstrates that brief interactions with dogs can improve mood, stress, and anxiety but not attention and working memory.
- PDF of article (may not be publisher's version)
- R code for data analysis
- Reproducible research materials (R Markdown)
- GitHub repository
- YouTube video
- Open Science Framework archive
- Preprint on PsyArXiv
- Article is published with open access